Monday, September 15, 2014

School/Lifestyle tips! - Carlisle

Hello all!  Ahh, I am really getting into the fall spirit!  Around this time of year I get really happy and excited for all the fall and winter festivities!  For this post I decided to tell you guys how I stay organized and on top of things throughout the school year!

I don't know about you but when I hear words like 'organization' and 'structure', I get really happy!  I'm very OCD.  I get very stressed out when I don't have everything in order and I stay stressed until everything is back in shape! *hears laughter* Hey!  Don't laugh at me! ;)

So, without further ado, here are my top 5 school/lifestyle tips!

Tip #1
Planners.  Buy a planner or agenda!  This is one of my most used items during the school year.  Mine always look crazy worn out once the year is over with because I use it religiously!  Planners are great for keeping track of classes, assignments, and special events!  You can get ones that are super cute with an adorable pattern or design also.  Lilly Pulitzer and Kate Spade are my favorites, but Target has some really cute ones for around $10 that are just as good if you aren't wanting to spend the extra cash!

Tip #2
SLEEP!  Yes!  Trust me, I know what it's like to be on an epic Gossip Girl marathon and not even notice the hours tick by.  But in all reality, we need sleep.  Even if that means waiting until tomorrow to watch that season finale that you know will be epic.

Tip #3
Notes.  TAKE NOTES.  Put that laptop away and grab a pen and paper and get to work.  It is a fact that taking notes helps people retain the information that they have learned.  I am a big fan of highlighters.  I use them a ton and, like so many other things, there are a bunch of different colors! (Seriously - the purple highlighters are my life!!)  Also, taking notes with colored pens is fun!

Tip #4
Time budgeting.  Ahh..  Those dreaded words.  They often mean you have to give up watching you favorite tv show or skip that starbucks date with a friend.  One of my least favorite things would have to be time budgeting.  I mean, who wants to skip that pumpkin spice latte for trig problems?  But, it's one of those things that we are all going to have to deal with and it's better now than never!

Tip #5
Maintain a healthy lifestyle.  Yes, I am somewhat vaguely repeating tip #3.  But this has helped me so much!  I am in the process of transitioning my eating habits into more natural alternatives.  All natural vitamins and supplements are some of my favorite things.  Every morning I take omega 3 and b-50.  Omega 3 helps to get your brain functioning and gets you focused and B-50 actually gives you energy!  Both of those are all natural and won't harm you.  B-50 is really good for if you're about to exercise.  Exercise is a must.  I feel like everyone says that.  I have volleyball practice twice a week and usually a game also.  The days that I'm not doing that I will either run or walk!

I hope I helped!
Carlisle

No comments:

Post a Comment